1/2 Photos of Stewed Tomatoes and Cucuzza
Kim D.'s Note:
I came up with this recipe because I had so many ripe cucuzza squash in my garden. Cucuzza is a long green Italian squash. They are sometimes hard to find, but if you can find one, this dish is worth trying! I serve it with wheat pasta and grilled chicken or Italian sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in skillet and add onions and garlic.
- 2Saute until onions are tender (but do not brown).
- 3Add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- 5Add diced cucuzza, basil, salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer an additional 20-30 minutes, until cucuzza is tender.
- 7Add Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Tomatoes and Cucuzza
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 532.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g