Recipe by English_Rose
Slow-cooked squid takes on a flavourful succulence in this simple but tasty Spanish recipe. Serve with plenty of crusty bread to mop up excess sauce and a nice crisp green salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 lbs squid, cleaned and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups manzanilla sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the garlic, sage and tomato and fry, stirring often, until the garlic has softened, around 3 minutes.
- Add the squid and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour in the sherry and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for around 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until the squid is tender and the sauce has thickened and reduced. Serve.