Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb or 1 lb frozen rhubarb
- 1 large apple
- 1 orange
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Cut rhubarb into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apple. Grate rind and squeeze juice from orange. Combine rhubarb, apple, orange rind and juice, water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add strawberries, if desired.
- Add more sugar to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle of brown sugar.
This is a very tasty way of cooking rhubarb. I sliced fresh strawberries and added them just be fore serving and used vanilla yogurt. I love your recipes Dancer
This was wonderful, we couldn't eat it fast enough thanks.
The Stewed Rhubarb was excellent. I followed the recipe and added the strawberries, it was so easy to made. My husband really enjoyed it. Thanks