Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the recipe I use when I find these little varmints in my vegetable garden. I found this recipe in a cookbook years ago and have adjusted it over the years to fit my taste.
- 1 -3 lb rabbit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt & pepper
- Shoot the little critter.
- Clean and cut into serving size pieces.
- In a Dutch oven or frying pan heat the oil and butter.
- Brown rabbit adding salt and pepper on all sides.
- Remove rabbit and set aside.
- Brown onion, green pepper, and celery and Garlic.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, rosemary, and wine.
- Cook slowly for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Return rabbit to sauce.
- Cover and cook about 45 minutes or until rabbit is tender.