This is a delicious recipe that I found on the back of a Goya Dry Large Fava Beans and is easy to make and very flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sort and rinse beans.
- 2.Bring 4 cups water to boil in large saucepan.
- 3Stir in beans and boil for 10 minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 5Peel outer skin of lava beans and throw out skins.
- 6Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- 7Add scallions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Add beans and remaining ingredient to pan.
- 9Bring ingredients to boil, cover and low heat and simmer until beans are tender.
- 10Add more water if needed.
- 11Serve over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Puerto Rican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed "Stufato" Fava Beans
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 251.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g