Recipe by Bergy
Another recipe that lends itself well to "do ahead". Just reheat gently but do not put on the feta cheese until you are ready to serve. Nice blend of flavors
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (lite or virgin)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb potato, thickly sliced (use firm cookers)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, stewed
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet.
- Add onions& garlic, cook 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the liquid has cooked down and potatoes are tender.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the feta cheese, serve immediately.