- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mushrooms and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mash the butter and flour together with a fork to make a smooth paste.
- Stir the butter mixture into the mushroom and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the beaten egg and bring to a simmer - do not boil.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.