Stewed Leeks With Tomatoes
- Cut off the ends and green parts of leeks. Wash them carefully in order to remove any soil, cut them in pieces of 3 cm (1 inch) length.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil, sautee the onion and the leeks for approx 10 minutes.
- Add gradually into the saucepan the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, parsley and the celery.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of water and simmer until tender (20 - 30 minutes) and all the water is absorbed (add more water if required) Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice, one tablespoon first, taste and add more if you like.