Recipe by momthecook #2
This is an old English recipe (although they called it Stewed Mince)
Top Review by Marsha D.
I made this for my husband. I did use some stew beef broth that I had kept from last nights supper and used in place of the water and I also used the beef bouillon cube for more flavor. I added more flour and used some whipping cream to make it richer and creamier. Served it over Recipe#110416 and made some garlic toast. It was excellent my husband said :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onion.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and oxo cube and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Shake flour with remaining 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir into hamburger, and simmer until the gravy thickens.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.