Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Martha Stewart Living Thanksgiving 2007. Posting for safe keeping and hoping to try this Thanksgiving.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 poblano chiles, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1/4 inch strips (3 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to caramelize, about 13 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add green beans, chiles, water, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until beans and chiles are tender and liquid has evaporated, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.