Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe from the old, 1947, Swedish cookbook "Husmoderns Nya Kokbok" (The Housewife's New Cookbook). I know the title sounds weird but that's how it was called.
- 4 eggs, hardboiled
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- grated cheese
- Peel the eggs, slice them and arrange the slices on a serving dish.
- Saute butter/margarine and flour.
- Add milk, slowly, to make a sauce.
- Cook the sauce, on low heat, for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and grated cheese to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with parsley.
Yeah, the title isn't really accurate, but hey! it's DELICIOUS!!! my poor children wanted some but I hogged most of it. Simple & delicious. Made for Cameraless Chefs 8/07.