4 hrs 35 mins
A tradition in family dinners. Chinese black mushrooms are also, apparently, shiitake mushrooms. I've always suspected so...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the mushrooms in room temperatured water, just enough to cover. Leave for a few hours. If you're in a rush, you can try to use boiling water, but this usually ends up in really soggy mushrooms.
- 2Once tender, drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid in a bowl. Put mushrooms in a colander, toss in cornflour and rinse. Squeeze the mushrooms over the bowl of reserved liquid and arrange in a single layer in another dish.
- 3Toss in extra cornflour, sugar and oil. Steam for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the gas and leave for 5 minutes, keeping the lid on.
- 4Heat oil in a wok or casserole. Once hot, add ginger, then mushrooms. Top with reserved liquid, oyster sauce and pepper powder. Stir thoroughly, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Taste sauce. If it lacks flavour, add some more oyster sauce.
- 5They taste good fresh, but even better after a few days.
- 6Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Chinese Black Mushrooms.
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese black mushrooms