Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was searching through my fridge for something to make! The ingredients are approximate since I rarely measure while cooking. This is very easy and pretty much fool proof! It was a big hit with everyone in the family and its delicious served over rosemary french fried potatoes.
- In a pot, brown onions and garlic in olive oil until they are golden.
- Add chicken, water, wine, tomato paste and herbs.
- Cook on high until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and chicken is slightly browned on the bottom and falls apart, around 45 minutes.
- This recipe makes a delicious tomato wine sauce so its desirable to have some of the gravy remain.
- If you notice its getting too dry simply add more water or wine.
This was very good! We made this and served it over mashed potatos but I took the suggestion and added some rosemary to the potatos... delicious!