1/1 Photo of Stewed Chicken - Trinidad Style
jenny butt's Note:
Delicious and very easy to make--a traditional recipe that will be cooked in every home. Six large fresh tomatoes can also be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop onion, garlic, fresh tomatoes.
- 2Cut chicken into medium/small pieces.
- 3Put oil & sugar in a pot on high heat, and caramelize sugar.
- 4When golden brown, add chopped chicken pieces.
- 5Keep turning until all pieces coated in caramelized sugar and golden brown in color.
- 6Add onion & garlic.
- 7Keep cooking until onion translucent.
- 8Lower heat, add tomatoes & other seasonings.
- 9Simmer covered on low heat until chicken is cooked.
- 10Remove cover and cook further , reducing liquid until sauce thickens but DO NOT let dry.
- 11Serve hot with hot rice OR mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Chicken - Trinidad Style
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 185.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 59.1 g