Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This meat is delicious and kind of like what's served in the soft chicken tacos at Taco Cabana
- 907.18-1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 29.58 ml low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, passed through a press
- 283.49 g can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 236.59 ml colby-monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml chicken broth or 236.59 ml stock
- Put all ingredients except cheese in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken into chunks.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Serve immediately in tacos or use as a filling for enchiladas.
- You can also use chicken breasts, but it turns out drier and not as tasty.
21 Feb 2007 - I don't have a crockpot and it would be unfair to rate it with stars as it's not a true indication to the recipe. What I did was added sliced chicken thighs and garlic in a heated an oiled pan. Cooked until the thighs were slightly brown, I added can tomatoes pieces with some jalapeno pepper (As I don't have Ro-Tel Tomatoes and read on Zaar Dictionary that this could be a substitute), taco seasoning and chicken stock. I cooked it until most of the liquid had evaporated. Then put together the taco shells with the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese (known as tasty in Australia). Topped it with some Verdi sauce. Thank you babyparentingguide the flavour was delicious - UPDATE: I finally purchased a crock pot and made this recipe. We really enjoyed it, the chicken was so tender! I sill substituted the Ro-Tel tomatoes and colby-monterey jack cheese because they both are not available in my region. I used flour tortillas instead of the taco shells - Thank you once again babyparentingguide
Very good! There is a lot of liquid remaining, so next time, I'll try to drain it a little more, before serving. I also thought a little salt was needed, even though I didn't use reduced-sodium taco seasoning. We did not add cheese to the mixture itself, but topped the tacos with it, as is typical. Will definitely make again! Thanks for sharing!
We were really not wowed by this - it seemed a little on the greasy side to us and I was the only one who ate the leftovers. It seems most people have really enjoyed it so that must just be personal preference. Made for Spring '12 PAC.