Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Another good crock pot recipe ready for you on a cool fall evening.
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bag baby potatoes, cut into smallish chunks
- 1 can baby corn, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon mixed french herbs
- salt and pepper
- Half the veg on the bottom-then chicken-then remaining veg.
- then remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Make a gravy if you like then everything else.
I can't believe I'm the first to review this. My family thought this was good. I changed the recipe in the following ways: omitted the peas & baby corn which my family doesn't like, and substituted 2 bay leaves for the "mixed french herbs." I also added 1 can chicken broth. It made delicious gravy! Thanks for sharing.