Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great southern dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs other firm white-fleshed fish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green and red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- On sheet of waxed paper, mix 2 tablespoons flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lightly coat fillets with flour mixture; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet until hot. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet until hot. Cook fillets 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Return vegetables to skillet. Add clam juice, tomato, hot Sauce and parsley. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes with fork. Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.