Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Serve over ice cream.
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker insert; stir to combine.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for 1 hour to give the berries a chance to exude some liquid.
- Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Turn off the cooker; remove the lid and let the blueberroies cool a bit.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- OR transfer to a storage container, refrigerate, and serve chilled, ladled into dessert bowls.
- The blueberries will keep, tightly covered, for 4 days in the refrigerator.
Don't let the name fool you....this is a nice treat during the winter months!!!! I used this with frozen blueberries and it worked out really well. I thought it might need cornstarch to thicken it up a bit, but no, it was perfect as is. Just take the top off for 30 minutes at the end of cooking and the liquid will evaporate a bit. I had made this up the night before and warmed it up over the stove (just remember to take out the bits of lemon). For something so easy, it was wonderful over ice cream. I would do this one over and over again.