Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Quick and easy way to use stewing meat; always turns out great.
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- Lay meat in small roaster.
- In small bowl, stir onion flakes, bouillon powder, soup and sherry together well.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake at 325 oven for 2 to 3 hours until meat is tender.
I cooked mine in the crock pot. The meat was very tender, but next time I make this I might switch the wine to a red wine instead of the Sherry and maybe add some veggies to the mix to have a complete meal. Thanks for the post SnooZee.
This was very tasty, and easy. I cooked in the overn though next time I'll go with the crockpot, I think.
I followed the recipe exactly and couldn't be happier with it. The beef was tender and the sauce absolutely delish. I usually prepare much more complex meals and this one had a taste that was up to par without being time consuming and entirely effortless. Thank you kindly:)