Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use frozen artichoke for this recipe, but it is nicer fresh.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups stock
- 2 lbs fresh peas
- 4 artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry the onion in the oil.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend the flour into the stock, and add to tomatoes and onions.
- Place the peas in the stock, tomatoes and onions.
- Add the artichokes, whole (but remove the outer leaves and stalk), garlic, salt and pepper, bay leaf and parsley.
- Cook all together until tender.
- Remove the bay leaf.