Recipe by Sharon123
This is plum full of vegetables and can be canned using a pressure cooker. You can use this recipe to make Herb Crusted Vegetable Stew.
Top Review by BeachGirl
Beautiful finished product. I omitted green beans and only 2 quarts of broth, but otherwise followed the recipe which ended up making just over 6 pints. I will be making this recipe often, as it was very easy and beautiful. I haven't opened a jar yet, but know these are going to be oh so good!. Now all I have to do for Chicken and Dumplings is cook the chicken, open one of these jars, simmer, add dumplings, and VOILA! Handy to have in the pantry. I'm making a second batch tonight and am adding a few homegrown herbs: basil, parsley, oregano, and a pinch of thyme. Sharon, thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.
- 6 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups peas
- 4 cups cut green beans
- 3 cups cubed and peeled white potatoes
- 2 cups quartered small onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 quarts chicken stock or 3 quarts vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot vegetables and broth into hot jars, leaving 1-inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 40 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.
- Yield: about 7 quarts.