Recipe by weekend cooker
I came across this from a old recipe book I had from years ago. If you want it milder, you might want to cut down on thwe chili powder.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
This was excellent. I cut the recipe in half and it worked wonderfully. It was a mix of a chili and a stew. The flavor seemed very stewlike even though there were beans and spices. The stew meat was tender and wonderful. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Went to Market Tag.
- 2 lbs premium cut stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground oregano
- salt (optional)
- cheddar cheese (topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- If stew meat is in fairly large pieces, cut each piece in half.
- In a large skillet, brown stew meat and transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Add onion, tomatoes, beans, seasonings, and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over each serving.