3 hrs 10 mins
Harried Mom's Note:
I got this recipe from my Mom. Now all my siblings and I use this recipe when we want something easy and delicious. The meat comes out melt-in-your-mouth tender cooked in its own gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef stew meat (already cut up)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup (undiluted)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1Mix together french onion and cream of mushroom soups in a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- 2Add stew meat raw, making sure that all the meat is covered by the soup (it browns and cooks in the oven with the soups).
- 3Cover and place in 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
- 4Serve over steamed rice or noodles with a salad.
- 5This recipe doubles or triples easily (just add one can of either soup per extra pound of meat).
- 6I usually make extra and freeze it for another night.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stew Meat
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1230.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 28.4 g