Recipe by DrGaellon
A recipe from Stew Leonard's - a regional grocery chain in New York and Connecticut. Posted to their Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/YUfS9C
- 2 1⁄4 cups eggnog or 2 1⁄4 cups light eggnog
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese or 1 1⁄2 lbs light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (9 inch) deep-dish pie crusts (frozen or your favorite recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggnog, cornstarch, vanilla extract, brown sugar, cream cheese and nutmeg in a blender. Process on high until smooth.
- Divide filling evenly between pie shells. Bake in preheated 350F for 40-45 minutes, until the interior temperature of the custard is 160°F (The edges should be set and the center should still wiggle slightly when shaken.).
- Cool to room temperature on a rack, then chill until cold. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a dollop of whole-berry cranberry sauce.