Recipe by Roosie
According to www.rochestergoodfood.com, this recipe won a red ribbon at the 1987 Arizona State Fair. Stevia is a South American herb that is virtually calorie-free and hundreds of times sweeter than table sugar. Look for it at your local health food store or at Trader Joe's.
Top Review by arose
I love this recipe! I added extra banana (almost double), and used applesauce instead of butter. I used half whole wheat and half spelt. It turned out very moist, sweet and delicious! A new favorite!
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup ripe banana, smooshed or mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter/oil, bananas, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, stevia, salt).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes to set, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.