According to www.rochestergoodfood.com, this recipe won a red ribbon at the 1987 Arizona State Fair. Stevia is a South American herb that is virtually calorie-free and hundreds of times sweeter than table sugar. Look for it at your local health food store or at Trader Joe's.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter/oil, bananas, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, stevia, salt).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes to set, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.