Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Stevia Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia, concentrate powder
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- Cream all moist ingredients together except eggs.
- Add stevia and mix well.
- Add eggs mixing well.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Place in a greased cake pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
I found this recipe for a diabetic family member of mine, not having baked with stevia before. The recipe called for Stevia Concentrate. Unfortunately my local supermarket only supplied a 1x1 ratio Stevia mixed with Dextrose product for Sugar Replacement so I had to add half a cup rather then half a teaspoon. Despite this, I don't think this could have made too much difference to how the recipe ought to turn out. All I can say is the final product was something which didn't know wether it was a cake or a casserole. So basically an unusually dense, savory, eggy carrot cake, or a sugary Quiche. It was embarrassing for me since this was the first time I baked for this family member of mine, who I had previously told I was good at baking. Proceed with caution! I think I'll be avoiding baking with Stevia in the future anyways, I'll just bring her some fruit next time.