Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This DELICIOUS cheesecake is one that will have you coming back for more!
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate shavings or 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, shavings
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend crumbs and sugar. Fold in melted butter.
- Grease 10" spring-form pan.
- Press crust evenly on bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Boil whipping cream. Stir in chocolate and almond extract. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- after each.
- Add sour cream.
- Pour 1/4 of the filling into a smaller.
- bowl. To this, stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Loosely fold chocolate mixture into remaining filling. Pour filling into crust.
- Draw a knife through the batter to marbleize.
- Bake at 350, for 40 mins., then turn oven off.
- Leave cake in oven for 1 hours DO NOT OPEN oven door.
- Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Cover with almond slices, then serve.