Recipe by Danny Beason
A grand prize winning recipe
Top Review by The Recipe Queen
This was very good. I had a problem with it being runny, though. It still deserves four stars just because of the taste. I could never serve it for company, but my husband, son and myself really enjoyed it. I will try it again, and hopefully next time I won't have a runny mess to deal with.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups apples, sliced thin (Steve uses Golden Delicious)
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix white sugar, cinnamon, salt and apple slices in mixing bowl.
- Arrange in pie shell and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, blend brown sugar and flour; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees on bottom shelf for 35 minutes.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.