Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
As the recipe title states, I got this recipe from Steve's dad. There are no words to describe how delicious this is, you just have to try it to find out.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 32 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Mexican-style tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces corn
- 14 1⁄2 ounces black beans
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- Cook all the ingredients in a 4-quart pot on medium-high until the chicken is done. Be sure to add the garlic when you take the pot off the heat. Too much heat for too long will reduce the activity of garlic's health-promoting compounds. Adding garlic last will help to retain all of garlic's wonderful health benefits.
- *Make your own taco seasoning by combining 2 tsp minced onion or onion powder, 1 tsp each salt and chili powder, 1/2 tsp each cumin, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp oregano.
- TIP: Cooking the whole chicken breasts first in the soup, then dicing it makes this soup faster and easier to prepare.