Recipe by sherrilljoy
This recipe is from Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, AZ. The best salad I've ever tasted!
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Loved this easy salad. Very filling and so many flavors. I used a baked salmon fillet for the two of us and had to use spinach and kale. Made half the dressing and still had some leftover.
- 2 ounces israeli couscous, cooked
- 2 ounces arugula, chopped
- 2 ounces roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces smoked salmon, diced small
- 1⁄2 ounce asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 ounce pepitas
- 1⁄2 ounce black currants
- 1 ounce super sweet dried whole corn
Pesto Buttermilk Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 cup aioli
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer salad ingredients in large bowl.
- To make dressing, add first 3 ingredients to food processor and blend thoroughly.
- With motor running pour in buttermilk.
- Add remaining ingredients to combine.
- Dress salad as desired, tossing to combine.
- Store remaining dressing in refrigerator.