1/2 Photos of Stetson Chopped Salad
Galley Wench's Note:
Posted for ZWT 2006. This a signature salad recipe that comes from Cowboy Caio's Restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona. It has some unusual ingredients, but it's wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked couscous (from 2 cups uncooked) or 4 cups quinoa (from 2 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts or 2 cups smoked salmon
- 2 cups roasted dried corn kernels (such as JustCorn)
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup pepitas (salted roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup dried currant
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped spinach or 2 cups arugula
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Easy Aioli (use 1 cup)
Pesto (use 1/2 cup)
- 1Make a bed of couscous/quinoa on a large round shallow serving plate. In a wedge shape arrange the chicken, corn, cheese, pumpkin seeds, currants, tomatoes, and spinach on top of the couscous/quino. Alternatively the ingredients can be arranged in strips in individual salad bowls.
- 2To make the dressing: in a medium bowl, combine the shallots, buttermilk, 1 cup aioli, 1/2 cup pesto, lemon juice, and pepper. You will have approximately 3 cups.
- 3Serve the dressing in a pitcher for your guests to drizzle on their salad. Reserve the remaining dressing in a glass jar, refrigerated, for other salads.
- 4Easy Aioli.
- 5(makes about 1 cup).
- 6Combine the olive oil, garlic, and salt in a small bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.
- 8(makes about 3/4 cup).
- 9In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the olive oil, basil, pine nuts, and salt until combines. Refrigerate, covered , for 2 or 3 days.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stetson Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.9
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 509.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried corn kernels