This recipe appeared in our local paper. An unusual stir fry I haven't tried yet but plan on doing so soon. You can find more of her recipes at greenvilleonline.com at the Supper Swap blog. I think you could probably substitute boneless chicken breasts or smoked sausage for the pork. If you don't have sweet and sour sauce you could you use the packets of duck sauce you get with Chinese take-out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork sirloin, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, halved and sliced
- 8 ounces baby carrots, quartered
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drain and reserve juice
- 4 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
- 8 counts teriyaki sauce
- olive oil
- hot sauce (like sriracha)
- 1Fill a large pot with water to cook the pasta. Bring to a boil but do not salt.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying on high heat. When hot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. The oil will get hot fast. Lightly salt the pork and brown in two batches. Place in an oven-proof glass dish and set aside.
- 3When water has come to a boil add the tortellini and cook for 5 minutes with 1 tablespoons olive oil. Drain pasta.
- 4In the wok saute onion and carrots for two minutes. Add bell peppers and pineapple chunks (without the juice) and cook two minutes more. Add half the pineapple juice and let it reduce for two minutes. Add eight counts of teriyaki sauce and 4 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce. Stir to combine and let cook for two more minutes.
- 5Add the pork back to the wok with any residual drippings and the drained tortellini. Stir to combine. Add a few twists of pepper on top.
- 6Serve. You can also pass the Srirachi sauce(hot sauce) for diners which will help balance out the sweetness in the dish.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steph's Tortellini Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 588.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: