Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The only way my DD will eat spinach! You can use the same recipe and roll into small balls for an appetizer, a big hit at my parties!) And I have even added a little alfredo sauce to this and stuffed it in pasta shells.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 slices turkey bacon, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon blackened fish seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme's)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well!)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (I use the P, R cheese) or 1⁄2 cup parmesan-romano cheese mix (I use the P, R cheese)
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Cut turkey bacon in half lengthwise, then start snipping every 1/2".
- Add onion, bacon, garlic powder and blackened redfish seasoning to oil.
- Cook until onion is tender (4 minutes).
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Add bread crumbs and cheese and mix very well.
- Place in a small greased casserole dish and bake in 350 degrees until heated through.
- (@20 min.).
i used regular bacon and tony cachere's creole seasoning. i used fresh spinach that i sauteed in the olive oil. this is a great side dish!