Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe appeared in our local paper from the website GreenvilleOnline.com from the Supper Swap girls. If you like, you can use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken in the dish........just add the teriyaki sauce in with the rice. I like this recipe because it uses teriyaki sauce, which I love. You can vary the vegetables that you use.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was a very quick and tasty dinner to get on the table! I only made a few changes but not too much that it changed the dish. I used unsalted butter, and Kinkomans teriyaki sauce. Also I added about a handful of steamed edamame and only the egg whites. Was a great one dish meal! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- counts teriyaki sauce
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 handful shredded carrot
- 2 eggs
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted if you like (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in a broiler pan and sprinkle with teriyake sauce. Broil until done. Cut cooked chicken into small chunks and set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, saute squash and carrots in 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil. Remove vegetables to a side dish. Scramble the 2 eggs in wok and add to the reserved vegetables. Add remaining 1 1/2 Tablespoons to the wok and heat until simmering. Dump the cooked rice, chicken, veggies and scrambled eggs into the wok. Wait 1 minute before you incorporate so that the rice an fry somewhat in the oil.
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 Tablespoon of salted butter at the end to give it a restaurant finish.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds.