Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these for my husband when we were dating. He had recently lost over a 100lbs....these cookies were his downfall. He was the one who called them "wicked" and the name stuck. I have a SIL who asks for these at every family gathering and for Christmas. I hope y'all like them as well as she does. The recipe is from a really old cook book....I can't remember the name. The original recipe calls for 3 cups of chocolate chips. I found it to be too much so I double the recipe and use 3 cups of chocolate chips. But if you love lots of chips in your cookies you can always add more!
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the shortening, vanilla extract and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Press out any lumps.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at time, beating well after each.
- Stir in the flour 1/2 cup at a time. After 2 cups have been added, check the dough by touching with a (clean) finger. If your fingers comes away sticky with dough, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add walnuts if using.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets greased lightly (even non stick) I use Pam space cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Serve with lots of cold milk!
These are amazing cookies!
i tried these cookies and they were the best things i've ever eaten! keep up the good work!