Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
it's the best salsa I've found. all my familly loves it. It's the heat of the party.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and diced or 1⁄2 can tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, cored
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- mix all ingredients together.
- chill at least two hours before serving.
- store covered for up to a week.
Sounds good. A word of warning to people who have to eat "gluten free." If you use vinegar made from grain (which most are) it is not a gluten free recipe.
Great recipe! I actually trippled the mixture to use for a tortilla filler. It's also very versatile, as another time I left out the jalapenos and put in some chopped mint to make a mild summer side dish for a BBQ.