Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is by far the best potato salad I have ever eaten. My aunt Stephanie makes this for every family get together and it is always gobbled up. I am the official taster to help her figure out what is needed to make it just right. My aunt included this in the family cookbook and I couldn't be more thrilled. She mixes this together with her hands and frankly I think that is part of the secret to its success. It may be messy but roll up your sleeves and dig in. She did not list the amounts of the ingredients because that is up to you. Just follow her instructions. Recipezaar is requiring measurements, so I am going to guess, but ignore them and create your own.
- 5 potatoes (boil with jackets on let cool some then peel)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 bunch celery (chopped)
- 5 dill pickles (chopped, Kosher dill can be used)
- 2 (4 ounce) jars pimiento
- 2 ounces pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Miracle Whip
- Remember amount of each are optional.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add mayo mustard salt and pepper and pour in some pickle juice.
- The SECRET to my success is mixing with my hands, mashing up the potatoes with my fingers, taste testing and adding any of the ingredients as necessary until I get the flavor I want.