Recipe by Baton Twirling
Even carnivores will eat this. SO SOYA+ (soya granules) are available at the Bulk Barn in Canada. I like spicy! Put less seasoning if you want a milder chili. SO SOYA+ is a product made from the G.M.O. Free Soybeans, and when prepared, you wouldn't believe it's vegetarian! SO SOYA+ is Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, has 52 % Protein, and 18 % Dietary Fiber. For more info go to www.sosoyaplus.com
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup soya granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, peeled & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together seasoning.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Soak SO SOYA+ with hot water, tomato paste & 1 tbsp seasoning for 15 minutes.
- In crock pot, combine black beans, kidney beans, chick peas, tomatoes, corn, onion, green pepper, zucchini, celery, jalapeno, green chilies & garlic.
- Add soaked SO SOYA+ & soaking liquid to crock pot.
- Add an additional 3 tbsp seasoning mix or to taste.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve with fresh bread.