Recipe by acedogcottoncat
Steph conjured this in Mexico and G mixed around in NC. It is good. Served over rice (cooked in vegetable broth) is fantastic.
Top Review by CASunshine
This was a really fresh tasting meal, not loaded with salt or a bunch of seasonings to cover up the freshness of the ingredients. I did not have any limes on hand as I usually do but subbed a tablespoon of Triple Sec. Next time I will make sure I have limes as I can imagine the juice will make it even fresher tasting. Maybe also add jalapeno next time, too. Entertainingly written but one suggestion: maybe edit to add the actual time frames in parenthesis next to the movie time frames. Thanks!
- 1 whole key lime
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes (sliced very thick)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped very tiny)
- 1⁄4 chopped white onion (small)
- 1 fluid ounce white tequila
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in an oven safe bowl.
- Start a movie (I chose Hitchcock's Notorious).
- At the end flip the chicken and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put in The Philadelphia Story to officially declare a Cary Grant evening.
- During the library scene throw the chicken and tomatoes in the oven.
- Check the oven every 15 minutes or so to flip the chicken and tomatoes.
- The meal should be ready before the movie is over.
- For dessert watch It Happened One Night.
- If you want to do it all in one movie (including dessert) choose Around the World in 80 days (1956 of course).