An adaptation of the Stenhammar cookies, named for Swedish composer Wilhelm Stenhammar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop the almonds by hand. You'll end up with almond paste if you tried doing this with a food processor.
- 2Combine the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl. Gradually add the flour and hornsalt (or baking powder). Stir in the currants and 1/2 cup of the chopped almonds.
- 3Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 5Divide the dough into 6 equal sections.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll each section into an 18" long snake.
- 7Place the logs on a lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten each slightly with the heel of your hand, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with the remaining almonds.
- 8Bake on center rack of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Once removed from the oven, cut into 3/4" diagonal cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stenhammar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: