Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just had to share this recipe...I was invited to dinner this evening and was served Apple Pie made with sliced white bread for dessert. It was really good, I would never have believed it was bread as the crust!! It is something I would make for a family dessert in a pinch!! Try it, it's really different but good! I looked on 'Zaar but didn't see anything like it.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 6 -7 slices white bread, crust removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the 2 tablespoons of water into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Top with the sliced apples. Cover the apples with the crustless bread, covering completely in a single layer.
- Combine the 1 1/2 cups sugar, cinnamon, beaten egg, flour and melted butter. Pour over the bread slices.
- Bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is browned.