Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this one night when my groceries were running low. It's very economical and tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained (can use english peas)
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes (I normally use instant with good results.)
- Brown ground beef with onions and drain.
- Add green beans and soup.
- You may need to add a little milk if too thick.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread potatoes on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Simple and delicious! I used peas and Healthy Choice cream of mushroom soup, and a 1/2 cup cheese to cut the calories, and even then it was amazing.
I made this dish just tonight. This was real easy to make and pretty tastey. I doubled the recipe, and used a can of cream of mushroom soup along with a can of vegetable soup, added about 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies and a little bit of chopped celery. I didn't add the cheese until the last 10 minutes of cooking, when I sprinkled the cheese over the potatoes. My husband had 3 portions!!! It was EXCELLENT! I served it with garlic toast.