Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My girlfriend Stefanie made these gingerbread cookies for Christmas 2008. I have never been a fan of gingerbread, but these I couldn't stop eating!! I'm sure someone knows why, but be warned, the longer these sit in an airtight container, the softer they get! Go figure?!?!
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, coves, salt, and baking soda in food processor.
- Add butter and mix until mixture makes a fine meal.
- Add molasses and milk.
- Divide dough and chill for at least 2 hours or over night.
- For soft cookies - roll dough 1/4" thick, place on parchement lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-11 min.
- For thin/crispy cookies - roll dough 1/8" thick, place on parchement lined cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 15-20 min.
These reminded me a lot of my mom's gingersnaps. Next time I will refrigerate the dough overnight--tried it for 2 hours and was still very sticky. Good flavor though!