Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs stew meat, Trimmed 1" cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, Crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine vinegar
- 1 lb white pearl onion, parboiled and peeled
- 30 cloves garlic, parboiled and peeled
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, Crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, Coarsely Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, Chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy pot that can be covered, combine all the ingredients except the feta, walnuts and 1/2 cup parsley.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours or more, until the meat is very tender.
- Lower the oven temperature during this time, so that the contents of the pot remain at a gentle simmer.
- Skim off the fat.
- Do not boil the sacue down; it should remain rather thin.
- Ladle the stew into a deep platter.
- Granish with feta, walnuts, and the remaining parsley.