Stefado of Beef and Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy pot that can be covered, combine all the ingredients except the feta, walnuts and 1/2 cup parsley.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours or more, until the meat is very tender.
- Lower the oven temperature during this time, so that the contents of the pot remain at a gentle simmer.
- Skim off the fat.
- Do not boil the sacue down; it should remain rather thin.
- Ladle the stew into a deep platter.
- Granish with feta, walnuts, and the remaining parsley.