Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Last night DH came home with the most beautiful Steelhead Trout Fillet. Instantly I knew the fresh tarragon from the garden was the herb for it and I had to do something slightly tangy and creamy. So, here's my creation, hope you like it, we sure did! I served it with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Gateau, some hot sourdough bread and happy smiles all around! select
- 1 steelhead fillet, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard
- 3 -4 tablespoons tarragon, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a large broiler pan in the oven and let that heat.
- Lightly oil the skin of the trout.
- Mix the Mayo, mustard, tarragon, lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Taste the sauce, I thought it was salty enough and did not add any but you may want a saltier taste.
- Spread on the meat of the trout.
- Place the trout on the hot pan and bake for about 10 minutes, or until you like your fish cooked.
This is an AMAZING recipe: quick, easy, delicious! I think you could easily adapt it to almost any fish. I never had trout, but this is even more delicious than salmon.