Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I prefer to use steel cut oats when possible, as they maintain a lot of nutrient rolled oats don't. They do take longer, but are so easy in the crockpot!
- 236.59 ml uncooked steel cut oats
- 2 apples
- 354.88 ml water
- 354.88 ml low-fat milk
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml margarine, separated
- 14.79 ml ground flax seeds
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- cooking spray
- 1. Cut the apples into 1/2 inch cubes, you can peel them, but I leave the skin on.
- 2. Spray the crockpot with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- 4. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 5. Optional, add additional milk, maple syrup, walnuts, or pecans, if desired.