Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I prefer to use steel cut oats when possible, as they maintain a lot of nutrient rolled oats don't. They do take longer, but are so easy in the crockpot!
- 1 cup uncooked steel cut oats
- 2 apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine, separated
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- cooking spray
- 1. Cut the apples into 1/2 inch cubes, you can peel them, but I leave the skin on.
- 2. Spray the crockpot with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- 4. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 5. Optional, add additional milk, maple syrup, walnuts, or pecans, if desired.