Recipe by pen25
a twist on the alton brown steel cut oats.
Top Review by kandc88
Love to make oatmeal like this, though I use real butter and whole milk! If you like some chew to your oatmeal then definitely give this method a try. I make a big batch and then just reheat with a little extra milk whenever I want a serving for the week. My favorite is just some brown sugar, but I'll eat them with all sorts of fruits too, frozen blueberries are a favorite!
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Omega Plus
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in pan and add 1 cup steel cut oats of your choice.
- toast for 2 minute.
- add the 3 cups boiling water. turn to simmer and stir to combine for 25 minute.
- add the 1 cup of 2% milk and let cook for 10 minute.
- remove from heat separate into 1/4 for a full serving and heat in microwave with a splash of milk brown sugar cinnamon some nuts or what ever you like.