1/1 Photo of Steel Cut Oatmeal With Maple Cream
I found this recipe in Bon Appetit magazine in September 2003 and LOVED it! I never copied it, lost the magazine... and for some reason it never made it on to the epicurious web site. I was so bummed. Then lo and behold... I opened up an old box of cookbooks and found the magazine again. Here it is for safe keeping. I never use the bananas, but imagine they'd be good on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 8 c water to a boil over high heat, add oats, reduce heat to medium and simmer until oats are cooked, about 25 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, bring cream and maple syrup to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Mix cornstarch with remaining teaspoon of water in a small bowl and whisk into the cream mixture. Continue simmering until thickened, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- 4Divide oatmeal among bowls, pour cream over each and top with sliced bananas if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steel Cut Oatmeal With Maple Cream
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 27.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g